Mar 6, 2007
Does having anemia lower your metabolism?
Response from Dr. Frascino
No, not exactly. Anemia is a decrease in the number of red blood cells. With fewer of them there is less oxygen in your blood. That, in turn, can make you feel tired and weak as well as cause a host of other symptoms.
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Do Stds Cause Diarrhea?
- How Fast Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.