STD(hpv) and the immune system

dear doc,

i think i have hpv, and i think i caught it by masturbating, cuz after i started masurbating(alone), like a couple days later, these weird warts were on my dick... but you said last time that you cant get hpv from masturbating, so forget about that....

anyways, i wanted to just ask a quick question. i read in many sources that hpv can be "mastered" by the immune system. they said that the immune system can eventually eradicate the virus permanently and make that type of the virus immune to the body. is this true?

also, i read somewhere that the immune system can be a POWERFUL thing and can theoretically block all diseases. This guy also wrote his theory that by strengthening immune system by asdghkjhlkatahhakyhkjay(sorry, it was something like that, it was a long word) and this and that and getting toxic amounts of vitamins and letting the body get used to it and..... etc.. so concludingly, they said that aids can, being a virus, be eradicated. is this true?

1. Correct. You cannot give yourself an STD! As the saying goes, it takes two to tango.

2. The immune response to HPV is not completely understood. We do know that it involves both arms of the immune system the cell-mediated arm and the humoral (antibody-mediated) arm. If someone has genital warts, I suggest getting them treated!

3. Yes, the immune system is indeed powerful, but it cannot block all diseases. I wish it could, because then I wouldn't be HIV positive.

4. asdghkjhlkatahhakyhkjay and "toxic amounts" of vitamins will not eradicate HIV. If this were true, do you really think I and the other 40,000,000 HIVers worldwide would still be struggling with the challenges of being HIV positive?

no viral load-no risk to infect?
Bush supporter needs some advice