Length of treatment

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with HIV/AIDS when I was hospitalized with PCP. My Dr started me on a Kaleetra/Combivir regimen which I really could not tolerate. She then Started me on Sustiva/Truvada and have been doing well since. Virals down T cells up. I read somewhere that the length of treatment was about 2 years for this combination and I have now passed that. Should I talk with my Dr. about changing my treatment meds? I started having colds all of a sudden the last few months but it doesn't seem to be anything serious and my Dr doesn't seem concerned. What should I do?

You read "somewhere" that the length of treatment for Sustiva/Truvada was about two years???? Where did you read that? Certainly not here! In reality, the length of treatment for any HIV treatment regimen should be for as long as that particular combination continues to work and remains well tolerated. Hopefully that will be many, many years. Talk to your HIV doctor for additional clarification. Also, I suggest you peruse the archives to gain a better understanding of HIV medications and ongoing long term HIV management.

Stay well. With "virals down T cells up" and you tolerating the regimen, I agree you are indeed "doing well." Don't try to fix what isn't even broken!

human parvo
You cant be cavalier... "Homophobic single father"