mitochondrial damage

Epivir (lamivudine) has caused severe mitochondrial damage after six years of use. I knew this was happening,but my doctor refused to listen. Now, he wants to eliminate all NRTIs from my regimin. Is that possible? to get by with no NRTI. I want to switch from Epivir to emtricitabine in Truvada. I also want to switch doctors. What do you think?

If you feel you have a doctor who won't listen to or work with you, I agree it's time for a change.

Without knowing more about your particular case, it's impossible for me to advise you on what the best options are for your next HAART (highly active antiretroviral therapy) regimen. However, a well qualified certified HIV specialist should be able to do exactly that! If you are having trouble locating a qualified HIV/AIDS specialist in your area, I suggest you check the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site at www.aahivm.org, as they have a listing of specialists by locale.

Good luck!

human parvo virus
swollen lymph nodes