Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

live goes on with HIV

dear Dr.Bob, i was diognosed with Hiv since december 2005,my cd4 count was 555 and until now i never check my CD4 count again,i even don't know about my viral load count. do you think it is safe? is it any possiblity that i am false positive,because i was test with ELISA test only that appear reactive for HIV antibody? but my opportunities being positive is very high because my boyfriend is positive and he is on treatment now,and before he diognased at the same year, we never practise safesex, what do you suggest about it? what i have to do? thanks anyway.....

I strongly suggest you establish care with an HIV specialist as soon as possible. Perhaps you can see the same HIV specialist that your boyfriend sees. The specialist will reconfirm your HIV status with the appropriate tests and if you are confirmed positive, he will further evaluate your CD4 count and HIV plasma viral load. I strongly suggest you review the information under the "Quick Links" heading on The Body's homepage. Pay particular attention to the "Just Diagnosed" and "HIV Tests" sections.

Good luck!

dogged by fatigue
A little Prayer here and there