dogged by fatigue

I am really struggling with fatigue and exhaustion. On "paper" I look fine. I'm not anaemic and I don't have any OI's that I know of. I do have a co-infection with Hep B (viral load of Hep B in the thousand range.) But I'm not convinced that Hep B is the culprit. I'm on Kaletra, 3TC and Tenofovir. My basic blood work, including vitamin and testosterone screening seems fine. I don't know whether to push for more investigations ?ACTH test? or resign myself and just take something for the fatigue. I am seeing a liver specialist at the end of the month. Do you have any suggestions as to what further investigations might be done or do you agree that I should resign myself to the fatigue and perhaps take treatment for it (ritalin? or some other stimulant? SSRI?) Thanks

If your fatigue is reaching the level of "exhaustion," there is usually an underlying cause. As a first step, ask the liver specialist if your hep B could be a significant contributing factor. The liver processes just about everything we put in our body, turning food into energy, cleaning out toxins and balancing our system's overall chemistry. If this fabulous filter isn't functioning properly, the backlog of sludge can slow you way down.

Other common and sometimes overlooked problems include inadequate attention to basic human requirements of sleep, rest, diet and exercise. I'd also consider possible psychological causes. Stress, anxiety and depression can all be associated with fatigue. If no underlying cause for your fatigue can be found, consider a trial of Provigil for symptomatic relief.

Hiv, fatigue, and...*cough*insanity?*cough*
live goes on with HIV