Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Big thanks
Jan 10, 2007

Dear Dr. Frascino,

I want to thank you for the time and effort you put into helping people in these forums. Your compassion towards people in need, your tolerance of ignorance, and your willingness to help and educate brings joy to me and many others. The world would be a much better place if people tried to be just a little more like you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your generous and kind comments are warmly appreciated. Although I don't think people necessarily need to be more like me, I do wish everyone would try to do their part to make the world a better place in whatever way they can. Together our concerted efforts can and will make a difference. Perhaps Margret Mead said it best: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I'll also leave you with some of my favorite quotes to ponder:

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy . . . . Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

-- George Bernard Shaw

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; this is to have succeeded."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"To do is to be."-- Descartes

"To be is to do."-- Voltaire

"Do be do be do."-- Frank Sinatra

Dr. Bob

Previous
condoms aren't totally safe (CONDOMS) (CONDOM EFFICACY)
Next
Testing Postitive for HEPATITIS C

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.