|Multivitamin to help tiredness?
Apr 7, 2001
Dr. I am positive for 5years and have recently changed from taking viracept to viramune in my combination therapy. I noticed that I was becoming somewhat tired and sluggish and had little energy so I started taking a multivitamin. I then read that B-12 can cause anemia and now I'm wondering if I should stop taking the multivitamin since B-12 is in the vitamin?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hope you didn't read that on this site! If so, time to visit the optometrist and check the prescription on your reading glasses. Actually, B12 doesn't cause anemia; the lack of B12 can. If someone is deficient in B12, anemia can result and the treatment would be to give supplemental B12. So, Vitamin B12 can be a treatment not the cause of a certain type of anemia. Don't stop taking your vitamins, OK?
If your fatigue is continuing, common causes should be investigated. These include:
* Lack of adequate rest, diet, exercise * Medication side effects * Anemia * Depression/anxiety * Hormone problems, such as low thyroid or testosterone (if you are a man) * Infections
Hope this clarifies.
Thanks and more info
Need assistance in SD
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.