Multivitamin to help tiredness?

Dr. I am positive for 5years and have recently changed from taking viracept to viramune in my combination therapy. I noticed that I was becoming somewhat tired and sluggish and had little energy so I started taking a multivitamin. I then read that B-12 can cause anemia and now I'm wondering if I should stop taking the multivitamin since B-12 is in the vitamin?

Hope you didn't read that on this site! If so, time to visit the optometrist and check the prescription on your reading glasses. Actually, B12 doesn't cause anemia; the lack of B12 can. If someone is deficient in B12, anemia can result and the treatment would be to give supplemental B12. So, Vitamin B12 can be a treatment not the cause of a certain type of anemia. Don't stop taking your vitamins, OK?

If your fatigue is continuing, common causes should be investigated. These include:

* Lack of adequate rest, diet, exercise * Medication side effects * Anemia * Depression/anxiety * Hormone problems, such as low thyroid or testosterone (if you are a man) * Infections

Hope this clarifies.

RJF

Thanks and more info
Need assistance in SD