RED BLOOD CELLS

Why is my body not making enough red blood cells and is this what is causing me to be so tired

Hello, First of all, are you sure you are not making enough red blood cells? The only way to tell is to get a blood test. If indeed you are anemic, yes anemia can cause fatigue. The causes of anemia in the setting of HIV disease are numerous:

* HIV itself * Medication side effects - AZT, Bactrim, ganciclovir, dapsone, pyrimethamine, interferon, etc. * Opportunistic infections, such as Parvovirus B19 or MAC * Vitamin or iron deficiency * Blood loss

See your doctor and first determine if your fatigue is indeed related to anemia. Then, search for the exact cause or causes. Once those are determined, the proper treatment can be started.

RJF

can a vegetarian diet lead to anaemia?
symptoms