can a vegetarian diet lead to anaemia?

I am a vegetarian and exercise alot. Lately I have been feeling lathargic. I eat lots of vegetables and supplement protein in meats for tofu, beans, eggs, etc. I'm wondering if I could be lacking iron and if so what should I do about it?

Is it possible you are iron deficient? Yes, it's possible. It would be related to your vegetarian diet not your exercise program. The only way to tell for sure is to see your doctor and get a simple blood test. If you are low in iron, he/she will recommend a supplement. Now, back to the gym!

RJF

anemia
RED BLOOD CELLS