Mojo No More

I'm a 44 year old man who has been living with HIV for 20 years. I currently have undetectable viral load with 300 T Cells. I'm on Viramune, Epivir and Ziagen. Also Androgel Testosterone gel. My question is about my Libido and prostate health. My erections are ok, but the amount of seminal fluid is quite small, and I don't have sex very often. If this just part of the HIV disease process, or just aging? Is there any medications or supplements that could help with this. Should I be concerned about the health of my prostate or seminal vesicals? David, New York

Hey David,

Your erections are "OK," but you're worried about not shooting like a proverbial geyser when you pop your cork!?! You are 44 (not old!) and HIV poz for 20 years. (Bravo on being a long-term survivor!) I see no reason to fret about the health of your prostate or seminal vesicles based on a less-than-desired squirt of spunk when you burp the nephew.

You also mention you don't have sex very often. If that's due to lack of libido, you should check your testosterone level to see if your AndroGel dose is adequate. There are also many other reasons for unhappy Mr. Happys, such as depression, medication side effects, etc. If, on the other hand, you're not having sex because you're as mean and nasty as Dick Cheney, well, sorry, there's not much I can do about that. The bottom line is that your mojo can probably be perked up if necessary and you should not worry about your jizz-load per pop quotient, OK?

Be well, David.

bowl movements
Got another indeterminate Western Blot.? Please advise