MD exposed

Dear Dr F. : HAPPY THANKS GIVING On September this year, you gave me the go ahead for my whoo hoo party, after 26 weeks negative HomeAccess Elisa ( I called and confirmed that indeed the Elisa had been negative). However I do not feel well. I have daily increase in my body temp (around 99 even 100) associated of course with the expected tachycardia. I have burning during micturition and taken all the possible treatment for UTI. Now I did another Home access test at 30 weeks post exposure giving the symptoms and was again Elisa Neg. No further exposure after my puncture with a contaminated scalpel on March 21st occurred. I did take 4 weeks of Combivir and Viriad for prophylaxis. So in your experience, is it possible that I will be a late seronconversion? How about HIV-2? The patient was American, however who knows what wells he has drank from. Is it true that the Elisa has cross reaction with the HIV-2 or should I test myself for HIV-2??

Thank you for your great help

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Does HAART act as a PEP for those at risk of co-infection or re-infection?
Insanely Confused