The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

MD exposed
Nov 27, 2006

Dear Dr F. : HAPPY THANKS GIVING On September this year, you gave me the go ahead for my whoo hoo party, after 26 weeks negative HomeAccess Elisa ( I called and confirmed that indeed the Elisa had been negative). However I do not feel well. I have daily increase in my body temp (around 99 even 100) associated of course with the expected tachycardia. I have burning during micturition and taken all the possible treatment for UTI. Now I did another Home access test at 30 weeks post exposure giving the symptoms and was again Elisa Neg. No further exposure after my puncture with a contaminated scalpel on March 21st occurred. I did take 4 weeks of Combivir and Viriad for prophylaxis. So in your experience, is it possible that I will be a late seronconversion? How about HIV-2? The patient was American, however who knows what wells he has drank from. Is it true that the Elisa has cross reaction with the HIV-2 or should I test myself for HIV-2??

Thank you for your great help

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Does HAART act as a PEP for those at risk of co-infection or re-infection?
Insanely Confused

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint