|alternate medication to procrit
Nov 2, 2006
to replenish red blood cells, procrit was advised, is there a safer, less expensive drug that will do as well
Response from Dr. Frascino
Unfortunately not. A similar drug, darbepoetin alfa (Aranesp), is available that may allow greater flexibility in managing anemia with less frequent dosing, but the cost remains about the same.
You might try calling "PROCRITline" at 1-800-553-3851. They may help with getting reimbursement from insurance companies or have other ideas to help with the costs.
Also, talk to the doctor who is recommending the treatment. There may be a clinical trial or other type of assistance program available in your area.
Just saying hello from Dr. K
- How Much Does Procrit Cost?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.