how to do an anal swap

Thank you for this forum. I want to ask my doctor to do an anal swap -a kind of PAP smear- to see if I have a risk for anal cancer (malignant HPV or dysplasia). As I had a dysplasia cervical (has been treated) I wonder if I'm at risk for anal cancer. This because a rapport said that most HIV+ women have more anal dysplasia and HPV than cervical. I asked my doctor and she said they do anal swaps for gay people and that she was willing to do one for me if I wanted. Of course I really don't like all this horrible investigations (who does?) but I want to be not so anxious. What do I have to do to prepare myself for such an examination?! I have no idea. A colonic or something, or not eating for a long time? It cannot be pleasant for the doctor too. I'm very grateful for an answer because it really annoys me.

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

anemia, red blood is low
answer me please (hiv+ person)woried...