Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Successful Fatigue RELIEF
Oct 20, 2006

Dearest Dr. Frascino, Please know that I am grateful--truly grateful--that you took time out of your precious schedule to answer my question about running (I'm the "running-one-hour-per-day-EVERY-DAY" guy). I feel so obliged to you for answering my question that I am looking up the address to your Foundation so as to provide at least what money I can afford to give as a contribution to your organization. I am writing today simply to confirm what I think was implicit in your answer on October 9, 2006. You said it was O.K. to run one hour per day. But my more specific question is: DO I HAVE TO TAKE A DAY OFF, let's say, once a week OR once a month to rest? I know that everyone must take off one day between ANAEROBIC exercises to rest their broken down muscle tissue. But that is not the case with aerobic exercise, is it Dr. Bob??? So far, I have taken only one day off from running in the entire last month and that was because I had a little diarrhea. Dr. Bob, as long as I do not start wasting, can I keep up the running WITHOUT A DAY OFF as long as something extraordinary doesn't happen--like I start wasting of lean body mass? I am totally confident that I will never have such a wasting problem, not with this marvelous healthy body I feel that I am growing into with each day of running. The relief from fatigue is FANTASTIC Dr. Bob!! I never realized what this simple activity could do (it costs nothing other than time and a good pair of sneakers) I have never felt this good--even compared to my days before I became Poz Man. This is the best kept secret to feeling less fatigue and more healthy. Please spread this to your patients and colleagues! (although I am sure you have had your own good results with aerobic exercise). With warm regards, Bob L. P.S. By the way, YOU ARE CERTAINLY A BLESSING TO ME AND THE REST OF THE WORLD!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Running Man,

No, you do not have to take a day off if you do not want to. Run. Run. Run. OK? Aerobic exercise releases endorphins that are our body's natural "feel good" uppers. And as you also noted, exercise has another benefit: looking better naked!

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). Let me know if you want a running partner. Although not every day for me. I like to alternate with swimming, yoga and free weights.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
low sex drive
Next
Will my KS go away?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.