Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Where "TF" is the Vaccine!!
Oct 20, 2006

Hi Doc...My question is simple...WTF have all the scientists done in past 25 years to find a cure of the disease....i heard majority of scientists think so highly of themselves tht they even reject the concept of God....how did they lag behind on this one....its been 25 freaking years....Honestly how much longer will it take if ever....How come only the sex related diseases have no cures?? is it from God?? do you think so?? i guess we have to ask mr Bush as we all know God speaks thru him...lol....thanks doc you are the best...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

To be fair, there are many incurable viruses, both sexually transmitted and not. Unfortunately HIV is not only incurable (like the Chicken Pox virus), it's also fatal. Many incurable viruses are kept in control by our immune system. Unfortunately HIV destroys the very system that is designed to control it and other invading germs. We've made rather remarkable strides in understanding HIV pathogenesis, transmission and its natural history. Could or should we be further along in preventing and effectively treating the pandemic? Absolutely. To gain perspective, on how the epidemic has gotten so out of control and why we aren't further along in the development of a cure and vaccine, read Randy Shilt's book, "And the Band Played On: People, Politics, and the AIDS Epidemic" and watch the excellent two-part PBS/Frontline documentary, "The Age of AIDS" (available on DVD).

As for the Dubya-God connection, something tells me that he's in for a "hell" of a surprise when he reaches the Pearly Gates. Extrodinary rendition indeed!!!!

Vote Democrat. Enough is enough!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Re: Is It Just Me?
Next
low sex drive

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.