The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Desperately needing my license
Sep 14, 2006

Hi I read somewhere that the goverment gives individual grants to people with AIDS ..I have full blown AIDS ..found out about two years ago when I went to the doctor with stage two Syphilis ..I have two issue's I need to get my license back it was suspended and I cannot get it back till I pay off nearly five thousand in fine's ..I'm not working and am having difficulty getting to my doctor appointments ..and picking up my meds .I have a running vehicle ..but need to clear up the fine's ..I was wondering if there was some sort of assistance ..second issue is my teeth ..I've lost a couple and there are a couple that are jagged and tend to cut my mouth ..I dont know anybody else thats poz ..My family is not really a help ..I'm 38 in Martinez California

Response from Dr. Frascino


Five thousand in traffic fines? WOWZA, that's nearly as much as Mel Gibson runs up on an average night after getting blotto at the Badda Bing.

You don't know anybody else that's poz? Well, now you do. You know me. Your next move is to get hooked up with your local AIDS service organizations. There are a number of them in Contra Costa County. You can Google AIDS service organization/Contra Costa County to get a list. Your HIV specialist and your local AIDS service organization should be able to advise you what services are available and how to access them. They should also help you link up with some HIV/AIDS support groups so you can extend your support network.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

doc's reluctance to use procrit

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint