Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

we will overcome, not a question!
Sep 9, 2006

Dr. Frascino, I want to thank you for your honesty and courage. The honesty to share yourself with the mormon kids. The courage required to share your true self on this site. I believe it is us that have a responsibility to turn the world around. To heal the world from injustices, from bigotry, from ignorance. I believe that from despair, anguish, pain and suffering comes hope, contentment, joy and serenity. We have been through a lot, and we will continue to walk down this path with pride, dignity and above all, love, understanding, and tolerance. HIV did not occur in vain, our brothers and sisters have not died in vain. We have a mission on this Earth, specific, and devine, lets not forget that. AIDS will change not the mormons, the catholics, the republicans, AIDS will transform the human spirit, and that you cant touch or fight about, weigh war against. Let us not forget that we are all in this together, united we will overcome, devided we will fall. And in it not as a community that has been exposed to HIV, but in it as humans, humans with GOD ( however you define GOD) given rights to wellness, love,dignity, appreciation. I choose to believe I was exposed with a very specific plan in mind, that plan is to leave this Earth a better place the day I should die, something I could not had done otherwise. But really my good doctor, that is the responsibility of you the gay man, the mormons, the jews, the christians, the straights, and so on. Thank you again, for your courage. It is at the end, after every thing has been said and done, that people like you, men like you, make the world go around. And to end this I want to quote Martin Luther King from his Promised Land Speech. "But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough, can you see the stars."

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks for your comments.

There are many ways to define a successful life. My feelings resonate best with the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; this is to have succeeded." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
enough is enough (STOPPING TREATMENT)
Next
doc's reluctance to use procrit

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.