Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

needle worry
Sep 8, 2006

thank you for all the responses and positive attitude that floods this site. it is truly a blessing for those of us who worry too much (i see that i am definitly not alone...).

i didn't see a question like mine in the archives, so apologies if there is one alredy. i am a heterosexual female and my heterosexual boyfriend has diabetes and uses needles for his condition. recently i accidently touched the needle and punctured my hand breifly with his suringe. he told me he has no other diseases and i am guessing that since he has a medical condition already he will have been tested for other disesases (he has not specifically said he was tested for stds, though). he does not share his needles with anyone. in addition, and probably more importantly, to this incident, we do have unprotected vaginal sex, although he pulls out before he finishes (you don't have to repeat the 5 in 10,000 stats, as you do so often). I am at the two month mark since all this has happened. should i get tested now or wait one more (stressful no doubt) month to get the 3 month test? or should i do both? If i got tested now and it was negative, how conclusive is that? how would stds affect someone with a pre existing condition like diabetes? I also had unprotected vaginal sex with someone for about 90 seconds (before he pulled out and put a condom on until the end) before I met my boyfriend and worry that I might be putting HIM at risk...(the guy i was with said he was 'clean' but i don't know if he has been tested or not and people lie all the time...).

thank you thank you thank you. you are amazing and have an amazing attitude.

positive attitude, hoping for negative test results.

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
HIV in the workplace
Next
Please Help - 1-Year Test - Am I Done?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.