Anemia and procrit

Dr, is me again, but I hope you understand I m very frustrated. I went for transfusion yesterday, and I asked my HIV doctor to put me in procrit, he told me that it woulnd work because i have enough protein in my blood,He said that he have to attack the virus with the medication and hopefully my bone marrow (tuetano) will bring my hemoglobin level back to normal. I start taking meds 5 weeks ago. I call Dr. Ron Matsuyasus office today, they were helpfull, but they asked me to ask my hematologist to call Dr.Mitsuyasus. I dont know what to do, because I dont want my hematologist to think that I m doubting his job.With thw procrit the first time I bouhgt 4 procrits because they gave me adeal of paying $3,000.00 for the 4 in stayed of buying then individually, they just gave me one shot of this. Do you think you can treat me?. I contact Dr. Baker in Houston, but they gave me alucky day to flight over there September 11,so wsill see. DO you think my anemia can be hiv related. I had medical test once a year with a family dr every year, and they did not notice anything. thank you for answering me.

thank you.

Since you are in Los Angeles and have found Dr. Mitsuyasu's office helpful, I would suggest you either follow their advice and ask your hematologist to contact Dr. Mitsuyasu or advise Dr. Mitsuyasu's office you are uncomfortable doing that and would rather just come to see him as a second opinion without talking to your hematologist. Ultimately, whatever doctor you see for a second opinion will need to review all your previous laboratory studies, bone biopsy reports, etc. So your hematologist may well ultimately realize you are getting a second opinion. But this shouldn't concern you. You have a very complex medical problem that has not yet been thoroughly elucidated. You have every right to seek whatever help you need without fear you will hurt your doctor's feelings!

Flying to Houston or even here to Los Altos is always an option open to you, but since you have a problem that is going to require ongoing attention, I still feel it would be best to link up with a competent compassionate HIV specialist/hematologist locally who could evaluate and manage your problem on an ongoing basis.

Explain your concerns to Dr. Mitsuyasu's office and see what they advise, OK? If you want to be seen at The Frascino Medical Group, just call for an appointment (650-917-1357). We promise not to make you fly on September 11th!

Good luck!

meds and fatigue
quickie from down under