anablics and hiv

Dr. Frascino, I've been hiv poz for 21 years. I also work in healthcare. My current hiv doc does not believe in test. or deca. I've been prescribed anabolics for the past 10 years without ill side affects and have put a good amount of muscle on my body and feel great. However my current physician will not prescribe them to me. Do you know of any physicians in my area who will prescribe them? I live in baltimore maryland. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. D.

I find it hard to believe a physician would not "believe" in testosterone-replacement therapy. After all, it's not a religion, it's a medication used to treat very specific medical conditions. Frevinsakes!!!

The real key here is that anabolics, including testosterone-replacement therapy, should only be used to treat specific medical conditions and not be given just to muscle up, look better naked and increase one's horniness quotient. Are you hypogonadal? If you have a valid reason to be on anabolics, including testosterone replacement therapy, it shouldn't be difficult to locate a physician who will prescribe the needed medications to you. As for a referral to someone in the Baltimore area, I would recommend the folks at Johns Hopkins.

Good luck!

8 month and still scared....need a quick answer
Jake returns