Anemia and procrit

Hi doctor you answer my question yesterday, about anemia and hiv, I m going for transfusion tomorrow , I asked my hematologist about procrit and then he told me to try steroids first, which it seems not to be working, do you think if there is reasons why a patient should not be in procrit?. The first time I was admitted in the hospital they gave me one shot,of procrit but there was not follow up the docor went on vacation for three weeks, then my hemoglobim went down again. I mpaying for my own medical cost, I m in Los Angeles, Do you know any good hematologist? any where in the United States that I can go see?

Thank you. Doctor.

From what you've told me so far, no, I see absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be on Procrit. It takes three to six weeks for it to begin to kick in, so I'd suggest you get started sooner rather than later.

Regarding a referral to a competent and compassionate HIV/AIDS specialist/hematologist in the L.A. area, I would strongly recommend you see Dr. Ron Mitsuyasu at UCLA. He's a good friend and an excellent physician.

Keep me posted! Good luck!

Bob Luvs Dubbya
Tired back...result of my HIV?