Aug 15, 2006
I am having problems with anemia again and the first time the problem was caused by AZT, now I'm on 3TC and I may be wrong but I believe that somewhere in the literature that 3TC has AZT in it. Is is true?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope. AZT and 3TC are two completely different drugs. What may have confused you is a drug called Combivir that contains both AZT and 3TC or a drug called Trizivir that contains AZT, 3TC and abacavir.
I suggest you review the information in the archives of this forum related to HIV-associated anemia and its potential causes. Then discuss these with your HIV specialist. Hopefully that will elucidate the real cause of your anemia. I'm here if you need me.
When should I worry about anemia
bob, please remain in france
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.