3TC

I am having problems with anemia again and the first time the problem was caused by AZT, now I'm on 3TC and I may be wrong but I believe that somewhere in the literature that 3TC has AZT in it. Is is true?

Nope. AZT and 3TC are two completely different drugs. What may have confused you is a drug called Combivir that contains both AZT and 3TC or a drug called Trizivir that contains AZT, 3TC and abacavir.

I suggest you review the information in the archives of this forum related to HIV-associated anemia and its potential causes. Then discuss these with your HIV specialist. Hopefully that will elucidate the real cause of your anemia. I'm here if you need me.

When should I worry about anemia
bob, please remain in france