Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

My first summer on Meds

I started taking Sustiva and Truvada five months ago. My cd4 count is 688 at 36% and I have an undedectable viral load. My concern is that since summer has started in Los Angeles, I do not feel like the same person that would normally work out at the gym or go running 4/5 times a week. The summer heat is really kicking my butt and I now know what fattigue feels like. Is the heat reaction normal and is this something that I will always deal with? I read your forum daily and any advice to improve my energy would be appreciated. Thank you, Worried in L.A.

Hello Worried in LA,

Running in LA??? Dude, people don't even walk in LA. I've seen folks drive to their mailboxes just to get the daily mail!

HIV-associated fatigue is common and annoying. The cause often turns out to be multiple causes all working in tandem. I would suggest you begin by reading the information in the archives of this forum pertaining to the causes and treatments of HIV-associated fatigue. Then discuss this information with your HIV specialist. Usually with some cooperative detective work, the two of you should be able to pinpoint the underlying causes of your summer blahs and treat each factor specifically. That should recharge your batteries.

See you at the gym, OK?

tired of transfusions
Adrenal Insufficiency and HIV