Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV exposed?
Jul 8, 2006

Hi been I ve having sex with this guy for about 4 months about every 2 weeks or 3 weeks or every week. I started having sex with him in june 2005, but it has been more steady over the past four months. Last week, we had anal sex. Ive been shaking when I wake up in the morning. Do you think Ive been exposed to the HIV virus or is it hot in my apartment. It is about 78 degrees each night. I took a HIV test in Oct 2005 and it came back negative.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Have you been exposed to HIV or is it hot in your apartment???? Dude, be reasonable! I'm neither a clairvoyant nor a room thermometer!

All I can tell you is that if you've had unprotected sex with your new boy toy, then you've placed yourself at risk for STDs, including HIV. To find out if you've acquired the virus, you'll need to get an HIV test at the three-month mark from your last potential unprotected exposure.

As for how "hot" things get in your apartment, I'll just take your word for it. I'm sure you and your stud-muffin doing a wicked horizontal mattress mambo is hot! hot! hot!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
SISTER WITH AIDS
Next
CD4 of 154

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.