Will med school do me in?

I'm HIV+, on meds, n.d. viral load, decent cd4 count, generally quite healthy (physically fit and active). I want to become a doctor, but I'm concerned that the long hours and sleep deprivation and stress might exacerbate my infection and cause disease. What are your thoughts?

My opinion is that HIV should not prevent you from following your dreams. Just make sure you work closely with a competent and compassionate HIV specialist. And oh, I almost forgot, you must watch every episode of Grey's Anatomy before applying to medical school.

Good luck. See ya on rounds: 6 AM. Don't be late!

No question