Thank you from a tired mom

Dear Dr. Bob:

Thank you for your kind words and advice. The pcr test came back negative as you said it would. Go ahead and say "i told you so". I thought I was done then I got freaked out about hiv 2 since my tests only covered HIV 1 - took an antibody test and pcr dna test for HIV 2 and both were negative. I have spent countless hours on this site and others, convinced that I had aids - all it took was a few simple blood tests. The guilt of my previous "sins" got to me - there's that catholic guilt stuff again. Dr. Bob is a great advisor but, only tests can and will give you a definitive answer. The almost $1,000 I spent on two tests could have gone to his wonderful organization to help those who really need it. Guilt is a very powerful thing - believe your tests results, the guilt stuff, work that out with a counselor.

No need for me to say "I told you so." I'll just post your statement instead!

I do agree with your comment that the $1000 could have been better spent. For instance, it costs 85 cents to provide an HIV pregnant woman in Africa with a mediation that could drastically decrease the chance she would pass the virus on to her unborn child. So if you do the math, your $1000 could have potentially saved 1175 infant lives.

Brother
SSD