Treatment with Different products.

Dear Dr. Frascino. Buon giorno! I am living in Milan, Italy for some time and I stated positive about 2 and a half years ago. I from Asia.I am not taking any medications at the moment. I got to know a person who is HIV+ for 7years and never took any medications.He said his personal doctor who is following his HIV status has prescribed a diet for him and that's why he dosen't have to take any other medications. The diet that he suggested to me is as follows: "Immugen 1 tab daily after dinner", "Neovis Plus 1 tab for breakfast", "Omega 3 6tab a day. 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening" Lastly Flumicil 600mg 2tab a day. 1 lunch time and the other dinner time." He said he have been taking it everyday throughout the whole year. Does that diet could be applied for everyone? Please advise. Sono in posisione difficolta. Mia Dottoressa non sembra un grande aiuto perche devo chiedere io le domande. Lei non suggerisce niente. A volta mi sembre un po "careless". Aiuto. Sarò molto gradito se lei riesce a rispondermi più presto possibile. Grazie mille,

Buon giorno!

The diet and supplements your friend suggested are not recommended for the treatment of HIV/AIDS.

I agree your current doctor certainly isn't being helpful and I would suggest you seek out the help of a qualified HIV/AIDS specialist who can thoroughly evaluate your condition and make specific treatment recommendations. Depending on your CD4 count and HIV viral load, you may not need any medications yet. However, you definitely need to be closely followed by a competent and compassionate HIV specialist. (Certainly stay away from that guy who is recommending that weird diet!) You are living in Milan and there are a variety of excellent HIV specialists there from which to choose. You can check with your local AIDS service organizations for a specific referral.

I would also suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this Web site and related links related to HIV/AIDS evaluation, management and medications. Start with the Quick Links on The Body's homepage.

Buona fortuna. Alla tua salute . . .

ARUBA Qs
Please edit my name!