Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Brother
Jun 23, 2006

If I am out of touch please forgive me. Your brother from reading was ill, I stopped coming to your site frustrated because you never answered my ? I just wanted to ask about your bro, last time, I checked you were taking him to Italia, I advised you to please take him to Napoli (Where I have left my heart) - I hope he is fine.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thank you for your concern related to my brother. Yes, he was diagnosed with stage IV lung and brain cancer shortly after he and I returned from a trip to Paris in October 2004. He was given three months to live. (His condition would be analogous to what Peter Jennings had.)

Miraculously he is indeed still alive, absolutely confounding all the oncologists' dire predictions. Yes, I did take Pete to Italy, Spain, Greece, France, Monte Carlo and Sicily last year. And yes, we went to Napoli (wonderful pizza and gnocchi, excellent ruins at Pompeii, handsome men everywhere!). Although my brother is far from "fine," he continues to live with courage and dignity despite phenomenal medical challenges. As a friend recently said, "apparently Frascino boys do well with terminal conditions". Pete and I have a saying that we often repeat to each other if either one of us is having problems: "every day above ground is a good day!"

I'm glad you have returned to the forum. I'm sorry if I was unable to respond to your individual questions in the past. Hopefully you found the information or reassurance you were searching for in the archives. If you haven't checked the archives, do have a look. They are packed with thousands of questions and brimming with Dr. Bob advice. If you can't find the answer to your question, try reposting it and mention in the title you are the "Left-my-heart-in-Napoli guy," OK? By the way, don't most folks leave their hearts in San Francisco?

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Androgel Has Opposite Effect?
Next
Thank you from a tired mom

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.