You're Not Alone...Thank You.

Dr. Bob, Thank you for your reply to Matt and Jake. I am fortunate to have a family that embraces me and loves me just as I am. A heterosexual woman that made a mistake. My family also loved my homosexual uncle through the same ordeal. The "toxic" person I had to get throught was a boyfriend, living in his own "reality". To him no one, not even himself, could handle what was happening to him (never mind that it was happening to me too and I was the one that was positive). He never tested positive and I am greatful for that. Needless to say he's no longer a part of my life. My point is I am thankful for my family. Everyone took it differently, but no one turned me or my uncle away in our darkest hours. They told me time and again through tears of worry, that they are glad they know because they wouldn't want me to go through this alone. I wish that was possible for everyone. My Mom and Sister still have their moments... but they haven't left me or made me feel ashamed. So, we'll work through it and that's okay. For Jake and Matt, sometimes the best family is the one you make for yourself. Someone else in your family may take it very well and love you were you are. I wish all of us the best of luck. Sincerely, Amber

Hello Amber,

ON behalf of Matt and Jake (and all the Matts and Jakes), thank you for your comments and wise insight.

Stay well.

Wooooohoooooooo!!!!Thanks Doctor!
shall i have some hope?