Whoo-Hoo!!!!!

Hi, Doc Bob -

I was a worried well until recently, when the intense and intolerable pressure of believing that I had been HIV infected built into something that approached hysteria. I began to develop symptoms like thrush and PGL. I thought I had hairy luekoplakia and checked my tongue every few minutes to see if it was there. Turns out I tested neg after the appropriate 3 mo. + window.

Your answers in the forums on this wonderful website gave me the strength to get tested. I am now certain that I am HIV neg.

I wanted to let you know that when I say that your posts gave me the strength to test, I mean that since you are so non-judgemental and compassionate in your answers, I reasoned that even if I test positive, it wouldn't be the end of the world since there are care providers like you in the field. That thought made me able to get tested.

Thank you so much for the service you provide terribly frightened people who need your input.

God bless you.

WOOOOO-HOOOOO and congratulations!

Thank you for your very kind comments. I'm delighted you found the information here helpful.

Remember what this experience has taught you as you go through life, especially things like:

1. Anxiety and being "terribly frightened" aren't helpful in addressing problems.

2. Never let the chance to help others pass you by.

3. Symptoms do not equal HIV disease.

Be well. Stay well.

Extreme fatique - HIV or depression?
THANKS A MILLION