First documented case of infection through fingering

Dear Dr Robert, Well, I've checked that there is still no documented case of infection through fingering but i'm afraid that my case will be the first one.

In early May, I fingered a guy with an unknown status and i had a small wound (due to peel skin) in my finger. (I just felt the sting when I inserted my finger into the anus). The wound was not a fresh one but i might re-fresh it when i took the shower before sex. (I had protected anal sex with the guy whom also performed unprotected oral sex on me) well, 2 days after the encounter, i had sore throat and it went away on the following day but it re-appeared the day after. Also, at the same time, i had a very stuffy nose with thick nasal mucus and one of my lymph nodes on my neck got painful (but not swollen). These symptoms lasted for 2-3 weeks. Also, during that period, i also had low fever (99F) on a few days. So, doctor, do you think my case will be the first one? Best regards, BRIAN

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Edema
about masturbation, answer this soon please