Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv & Immigration
Jun 13, 2006

this is in response to the questions about being allowed into the country if you have hiv. I'm a hiv+ female and i just received my greencard in Aug 05. I married and American and in the process of applying for my greencard I had to get a special waiver, all we had to do was write a letter stating how my husband and I are in a monogamous relationship and that it would not be good for him if i had to leave the country, and stuff like that, that we have health ins and are working and able to pay our bills. They also wanted another letter which my mother-in-law wrote. It did take a little longer for me to get my greencard but it was only about a year.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Certainly being married to an American does help. However, unfortunately the majority of HIV-positive folks who would like to come to the USA for any of a variety of reasons don't have that luxury. Ultimately this discriminatory and scientifically unjustified restriction of entry should be abolished.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Not question
Next
a repost - don't sweat!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.