Hiv & Immigration

this is in response to the questions about being allowed into the country if you have hiv. I'm a hiv+ female and i just received my greencard in Aug 05. I married and American and in the process of applying for my greencard I had to get a special waiver, all we had to do was write a letter stating how my husband and I are in a monogamous relationship and that it would not be good for him if i had to leave the country, and stuff like that, that we have health ins and are working and able to pay our bills. They also wanted another letter which my mother-in-law wrote. It did take a little longer for me to get my greencard but it was only about a year.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Certainly being married to an American does help. However, unfortunately the majority of HIV-positive folks who would like to come to the USA for any of a variety of reasons don't have that luxury. Ultimately this discriminatory and scientifically unjustified restriction of entry should be abolished.

Not question
a repost - don't sweat!