Can I go clubbing with you?

I am extremely terrified that I was infected with HIV last night.

I went clubbing for a couple of hours. Before going home I decided to stop at McDonalds for a snack. While ordering I realized that I had a trace of blood on one of my fingers (I dont know if it was mine. Probably I touched a doorknob or something in the club).

I tried to rub it off with my thumb but it was dried blood trace and did not want to come off. Then I licked my thumb and tried again this time the blood went off.

I am now scared that dried blood from the finger would be transferred to my thumb and the to my mouth. Can I get hiv this way?

Is it reasonable? Should I be worrying? I read that HIV does not die instantly when the blood dries.

Thank you for your help.

Should you be worrying? Did you put your health at risk last night? Well, I'd have to say yes. But probably not for the reason you think. Dude, you ate at McDonald's??? Those Big Macs and fries can clog up arteries faster than Cheney can say "screw the pacemaker, supersize my fries!"

As for the club-blood, are you sure it wasn't "Mc-Ketchup???" Even if it was "a trace of blood," I see absolutely no HIV risk from your finger licking experience, OK?

Finally, sure, I'll go clubbing with you, but no Mickey D's nightcap snack, OK?

Stay well.

Re: An Oberlin guy to an Oberlin Alum
Just a hello and see how you are doing