Chronic fatigue and infections

Dr. Frascino,

I know this is a pos-only thread, but please help if you can: History: I'm a former NYC rentboy with 500 to 600 "hours" of experience. I never used condoms for oral, but did for the rest of it. A few guys were known pos and there were rare condom failings, slips, etc. On top of that, I also had unsafe hookups in Bangkok two years ago (all with the same guy). I'm 24 and worked for about 2 years total. I've had 4 negative tests in two years (2 "real" ones at the doc, and 2 "instant" ones at the free clinic). Question: for the past 8 months I've experienced severe fatigue with zero energy for the gym, big need for midafternoon naps, etc. Even though I'm on Adderall (2x20mg) and Wellbutrin (2 x 150mg) to combat this, I still can't shake it. Also, I've had recurring throat infections and swelling in my neck (every three or four months on average for two years or so, though this could be gonorrhea or something). About a month after the Thailand slip, I had very severe conversion symptoms, but tested neg and have done so since, so I chalked it up to flu. Is there any other test I should know about? I should probably get my thyroid checked, but is there anything else? A different HIV test? Some other blood work? Thanks very much for your time and suggestions. C

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Converting After One Year
great opportunity - still depressed