Thanks Dr Bob from Africa

Dr Bob, Thanks for answering my question and posting comments on Africa. I agree completely with what you said. But we (Africans) can't waste time crying, we have to act. And it starts with people like me who can, so am off to volunteer, hopefully child care.... if they let me, at an organization that works with HIV mothers and orphans. Wish me luck. I am not able to donate to your foundation coz of logistics but I will donate to a local group. I will hopefully return to woohoo after the test and just to read (and laugh at your jokes). Thanks again. As an aside, just to illustrate how tragic the situation is, in my country, Police have just arrested a "prophetess" who was taking money and cars from AIDS patients with the promise of a cure. Have a great day Dr Bob.

A "prophetess" scamming money out of AIDS patients? Oh, that's low! Hmmm . . . did she used to work for the Bush/Cheney administration before landing her current job???

I applaud your efforts to volunteer your time and resources to battle HIV/AIDS. I'm sure you will find it an enriching experience. It's also an excellent way to build wonderful cosmic karma, which will return your very kindness one thousand fold. In contrast, with the help of karma, the prophetess and Dubya will both probably be reborn as dung beetles in their next lives.

As an aside, I highly recommend the recent PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) documentary on 25 years of AIDS. You can access it on the following link: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/aids/

Be well. Stay well. Good luck!

My docotor has put me at risk - i beg you to respond!
Frontline AIDS Special