Still worried

Well to sum it up I am in the Navy and while on a deployment I got way to drunk and slept with a prostitute in Dubia. The women said she was from kenya so you can understand my concern. This was about a year ago and I have tested at 3 months 6 months and 9 months all negative. I don't know about any symptoms but I have noticed some yellow spots on my thighs that come and go. I would hope the military tests for hiv-2 but my test just said hiv-1 so I don't know if that scans for both or not. If you can help me with this I would appreciate it.

Thank you vary much

Hi Navy Guy,

Unfortunately I do not know which HIV assay the Navy is currently using. I made one phone call and didn't get very far. I "asked but they didn't tell," so to speak. At any rate, I think if you ask at your health center, they should be able to quickly advise you if their test kit covers HIV-2 as well. (I would guess that it would.)

There is no doubt that your repeatedly negative tests out to nine months are conclusive and definitive for HIV-1.

Also, you didn't mention if your Dubai mattress mambo was protected or not. If you had your raincoat on and it did not fail, I would say you could start WOO-HOO-ing right now.

(Also please note your question should have been posted to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention Forum not the Fatigue /Anemia Forum. I'll post my reply in both forums.)

delayed side effects?
i like you