Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WOOO HOOOO!!! THANKS DOC!!!
May 13, 2006

I had posted a previous question before that went un-answered, but I understand why it did because I did not search the forums LOL! But anyway, here is the deal...

20 yr old male...drunk at a party back in the end of Jan or VERY beginning of Feb... Anyway, I had (stupidly) unprotected anal sex (I was the insertive partner) with a 24 yr old male of unknown status. This lasted about 4 minutes (I never had anal, and it was so tight that I shot off like the USS New Jersey)

Anyway, the following morning when I woke up, I realized what happened and freaked out BECAUSE I have never even thought about doing it with a guy!

February 22nd I am in the ER....swollen tonsils with noticable pustules on them, swollen neck glands (front and back) fever, chills, sore neck and achy muscles. My tonsils were sooooo big that they were touching, and only a shot of Steroids could bring them down! Anyway, the strep test came back negative, and my other test came back POSITIVE for Mononucleosis. My spleen was also enlarged. I WAS RELIEVED because I thought that these were the clear definition of ARS Symptoms. I get home and research the computer, and find that it is possible to have mono and ARS at the same time. FREAKED!!! The next day (still feeling like shit) i go to the doctors because I am so worried and crying, that he writes me a script for xanax, and ordered a P24 Antigen test. He told me that if this truly was ARS symptoms, the test would be positive. 2 AGONIZING weeks later...the result = NEGATIVE!!!

Just got a rapid throat swabbing thingmabobber HIV test yesterday that came up NEGATIVE!!! WOOO HOOO THAT IS 3 MONTHS AND A FEW DAYS SINCE THE LAST POSSIBLE EXPOSURE.

I have dodged the HIV bullet, but also made a promise to myself that I will sign up at an agency, and teach adolescents on prevention of STDs, safe sex etc etc.

I just had the best sex last night (protected, and it DID NOT break) as a celebration. If your curious, I was the insertive partner...NOTHING goes up there...EXIT ONLY!!!!

Dr. BOB...even though we never talked..you are amazing. God bless your soul, and your kind and generous ways. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay dedicated to those who were not as lucky as I was. May god bless every one of them.

PS...any advice to a young guy like myself who is slowly starting to like the same sex??? I have always had sex with girls, but it's just something about being with a dude that is hot!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Congratulations on your swabbing thingamabobber HIV testing being definitively and conclusively negative. WOOOO-HOOOO!

As for advice about a young guy slowly starting to appreciate man-on-man action, considering your celebration sex last night was "the best sex" and you realize there is "something about being with a dude that is hot" my only comment would be welcome to the club! Ultimately, whether you are gay, straight, bi-curious or Republican, remember sexual orientation is not a lifestyle choice, but an intrinsic and completely normal part of your very being. (That applies to everything in the previous list except Republicanism, which is a completely unnatural condition caused by indoctrination and characterized by gullibility, fear of science and a profound lack of common sense.)

Stay safe. Stay well. Stay away from Republicans.

Dr. Bob

Previous
need the truth, help me Dr Bob, another donation sent (ARS SYMPTOMS)
Next
Hom Testing Kits accurate??

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.