Fatigue

Dr. Bob, I was diagnosed about two years ago. I started meds three months ago in a clinical trial with Kaletra and either Truvada or Epzicom. The meds have cause a few side effect (GI mostly), but I seem to manage these alright. My fatigue improved initially while on meds, but it is back which is now worse than before. Any ideas on what I should be doing about it?

There are numerous potential causes for HIV-associated fatigue. Often several of theses underlying causes are acting in tandem to cause the feeling of exhaustion. What should you be doing about your energy drain? First I recommend you review the extensive information in the archives of this forum there you will learn about the common and not-so-common underlying causes of HIV-associated fatigue anemia, hormonal imbalance, depression, occult infection, drug side effects, listening to Bush speak, etc. Once you've reviewed this information, discuss it with your HIV specialist. With a bit of collaborative detective work, together you should be able to identify the underlying cause(s) of your fatigue and institute specific treatment. That hopefully will recharge your batteries. If not, write back with additional information and I'll try to give more specific advice.

weight gain
Hernia