norvir ?

HELLO DOCTOR THIS TIME I HAVE A REAL QUESTION FOR YOU. MY PARTNER IS ON TRUVADA,LEXIVA AND NORVIR. SINCE WE LIVE IN FLORIDA,IS THERE ANY OTHER MEDICATION HE COULD TAKE INSTEAD OF NORVIR? JUST ASKING,BECAUSE THE NORVIR NEEDS TO BE REFRIGARATED AND IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GO OUT,MOSTLY BECAUSE I AM CONCERNED THAT THE NORVIR IS OUT OF REFRIGERATION TO LONG BEFOR HE TAKES IT AND SHIPPING FRO WHO KNOWS WHERE IT COMES FROM VIA MAIL ORDER IS ANOTHER CONCERN FOR ME. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWER. HOPE THE FORSKINHATER DOES NOT STALK YOU ANY LONGER. YOU ARE THE BEST AND THANK YOU FOR THAT

In general, Norvir capsules should be stored in the refrigerator; however, they can be kept at room temperature as long as they are used within 30 days.

Are there other medications your partner could take? Probably yes. However, this is a question you'll need to address with his HIV specialist, as the choice of HIV meds is dependent on many factors, including resistance profiles, drug-drug interactions and side effects/toxicity profiles. I assume your partner is taking Norvir to "boost" his Lexiva. Consequently, if he's considering a switch off Norvir, he may need to switch Lexiva as well. Kaletra may be a possibility. It has a new formulation combining lopinavir and Norvir into a solid table that does not require refrigeration or have special food requirements.

No sign of the foreskin-hater stalker out my back window at the moment. I'll keep you posted if he shows up again.

Good luck to both you and your partner.

slow slide into insanity...
foreskin