helping out?

Hey Dr Bob,

Thanks for your response. Im all bashful but dont think that one guy (or gal, I dunno), constitutes a fan club! As for publicising my memoir (makes me sound ancient Im just 21 you know), well, seeing as I cant even think about it, I dont think publicitys quite the answer. That was glib, sorry but really I think; its not a story. Its my life. Publicising it would be wrong. Its more than that to me. Plus, as you can probably tell, itd hurt alot of people. Plus, you now know its 100% my own doing, and why would I want people to know how Dubya-esque I am? But thanks for the kind comments loadsa blushing going on over here. I kinda expected you doofus! to be coming my way, so thanks. If u do get a chance to respond, Id really appreciate ur perspective ur so much smarter/wiser than me and have vastly more experience I guess uve known people whove had it a lot worse than me.

Anyway, Im out of hospital, finally, which is a huge relief. Unfortunately I still cant go back to work can go out for about 20 mins a day before I start to get seriously wobbly (suppose thats what I get for lying around for nearly 5 weeks), and lack of sleep is still a bit of an issue. But however tough, its better than hospital. Dont wanna risk another embarrassing collapse and return to my favorite building. So I have time on my hands. You mentioned before I might be able to help with ur foundation if you were serious, is there anything I can do from this end? Like I say, am not much good physically atm but I would imagine that heavy lifting probably wasnt what you had in mind anyway.

Thanks again. ur help's made so much difference - can' t tell u how much.

Penny

Hey Outpatient Penny,

Congratulations on your liberation from confinement. Was it really as bad as you feared??? (Say no; please say no . . . OK?)

Regarding your fan club, actually there are many more than one. (I just can't post too many or the forum will loose its focus.) But as I recall, there are folks who want to meet you, take care of you, marry you and adopt you. So take your pick! I really wasn't being overly serious about publishing the memoir, but I do think you need to think about the past in order to accept it and realize that it is indeed "past!" Tomorrow is a complete mystery, and today is a gift we should all enjoy. (That's why it's called the "present.") Oh, that sounded almost like a Hallmark-card saying! At any rate, you get my drift, right? Bottom line: Dubya = Doofus. You do not!

Regarding your generous offer to help with my foundation, for now, I recommend you concentrate on getting better, regaining your strength, building your support network and conquering those old past demons. Once that's accomplished, we'll talk about some other options, OK?

By the way, the dude (I think it was a dude) who wanted to marry you was from Tasmania, just in case you're interested.

Get well soon. (That's a doctor's order!)

Prayers from tired mom
Metallic Taste