Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV tests
Apr 27, 2006

Dear Dr. Frascino, first off I want to say that you are an inspiring individual that serves as a role model to many people on this website. my question seems to be one many people are having trouble with, having manysyptoms of HIV, but not testing positive for it, so here I go. I had met a girl while on vacation at a night club, and we had unprotected intercourse(idiot...I know). About two weeks later I had intercourse with an ex, and the protection broke. Two weeks after that we began having symptoms of herpes. Turns out we had Herpes, Ghonorrea, and Chlamidia. We both tested negative for HIV. I began having many symptoms such as fatigue, rashes, swollen lymph nodes, persistent dry cough, body aches and joint pains, neuropathy (hot chills all over) and knumb tingling feelings, thrush, bruising easily, and got sick five times in 9 months. my ex had many of these symptoms too. got retested at 3 months, had a NAT test done at 4 months, and Elisa at 5 months, and again at 8 months, all were negative. My ex also tested at 3 months, and again at 6 months, both negative. my Epstein barr showed a past mononucleosis. Also, tested for Lymes disease, and had my t-cells checked. Do you think it's possible I have HIV, but it just isn't showing up on a test? what do you think I should do next? Please help me in this quest for an answer. Thank you for all your efforts, you're the greatest.

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
oral hairy leukoplakia
Next
Chances

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.