Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

what to think? what to do?
Apr 22, 2006

Hi Doctor I wrote to you a couple weeks ago but got no response. Since then my news is even more strange so I beg of you to please answer this, because I have no idea what to think. First of all I am a heterosexual male. I had unprotected sex with 2 girls (from which I know quite well) in january. Before this I was sexually inactive since August. Both of these girls were HIV negative (they think). I went to a doctor in Febuary, and my HIV results were negative. A month later I wanted to get into a medical study, so my blood was screened for HIV. This test came back saying that I was repeatedly reactive using the Abbott EIA test. That blood then got sent to the ministry of health for confirmatory testing. 2 weeks later my results came back and said the following: Western Blot-non reactive, p24 antigen- non reactive, supplemental EIA- non reactive, but screening MEIA- reactive. The letter then said at the bottom that the results were inconclusive. So a couple days ago (which was 3 months after my possible exposures in January) I had another Elisa test taken and it said i was positive. Also, since i got my first positive results in March, the 2 girls that i had sex with got tested, and they both were negative (according to them). So now i am left not knowing what to think. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster for the last couple of months, and I really need your help to try to give some insight on this. Am I HIV positive? or is there something in my blood that keeps triggering a positive result, and if so what could it be? where do I go from here? I really need your help here Dr. Bob Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
nonoxynol-9
Next
oral hairy leukoplakia

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.