resident just diagnosed

I am a 30 year old resident physician, recently diagnosed and generally healthy otherwise. I am concerned about joining a practice in the next 2 years and being discriminated against because of practice health care benefits and "ability to work". I wanted to ask you what my concerns should be and what advice, if any, you have as I begin to look for jobs. thanks.

As much as we would like to believe discrimination doesn't happen in the field of medicine, obviously it does. The best advice I can give is choose your position wisely. Find a position where you can be open about your status. Practicing medicine can be difficult enough without having to hide your status, or worse yet, lie about it. Positions that would welcome a talented HIV-positive physician (or healthcare worker) really do exist. You may need to search a bit harder to find the right match, but with a bit of effort and flexibility on your part, I see no reason why you should not have a satisfying and rewarding career.

Good luck. Welcome to the profession!

2 years ago I trusted you; two years later I still do!
preventing wasting/gaining weight