Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Inspiring
Apr 21, 2006

Dr B...

I know others have written on this topic, but I just recieved your Foundation's DVD through the mail...and all I have to say is Wow :)

How inspiring, you have taken what could easily have been an excuse for you to worry about nothing, but yourself...and turned it into a crusade to help others. The portions of the DVD featuring the children (who I assume were born with HIV) and the epidemic in Africa, were incredibly moving (along with the entire piece).

1) It solidifies the monthly gift I have begun to give 2) Its hard to put into words...but, your efforts (which I found out, because of irrational fear...so at least it lead me to one good thing) have reminded me what an enemy this virus is. What a basic point of logic that on 9-11 (which was absolutely horrible), 3,000 people died...BUT 8,000 people die of HIV every single day...an absolutely astounding statistic. For folks who have settled into their Red State homes...this is a big flashing light, that we still have a problem.

Thank you for the opportunity to share prevention knowledge with those around me, and the opportunity to contribute to an organization that is helping those struggling to cope witht this disease.

Jeremy

PS: I still haven't gone to get another test to confirm my first potentially invalid test...ha ha...but with your reasurances, dont' think I need to...so thank you. Question - when is the concerted effort for 2006...my fiance and I are going to take our honeymoon to SF in July...hoping maybe I would be lucky enough to attend

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Jeremy,

I'm delighted you enjoyed the Foundation's brief DVD. We just recently started sending them out to donors at the $100 and above level. The feedback we are receiving has been heartwarming and gratifying.

Concerted Effort 2006 is still in the planning stages. My brother is currently struggling with the challenges of stage IV lung cancer with brain metastases. Consequently, I have been reluctant to commit to a firm date for a major event, as I want to be available to fly to Boston to help him whenever he needs me. I've been making fairly frequent trips lately. There will not be a Concerted Effort event in July, as I will be traveling in Europe that month. My best guess at the moment would be for December or even January 2007.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. San Francisco is a wonderful place to honeymoon!

Stay well, Jeremy.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Just Donated to your foundation please answer my question
Next
Is to normal?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.