Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

6 Months & 10 Months
Apr 10, 2006

Dr. Bob,

I wanted to let you know that I took your advice, sort of. I had an initial HIV test, at 26 weeks, and it was non-reactive. I took another test, on Day 300, and this time went to a Rapid Test Center. This center used the Trinity UniGold Rapid HIV Test. As you stated, this test was non-reactive. My, only, remaining reservation is the possiblity of Hepatitis C, though, my doctor commented my liver was performing in a "perfect manner." I did not realize how "rapidly" the UniGold Rapid test shows results. I understand the concept of having a doctor perform the ELISA tests, but, I never realized how much easier it is for a rapid test. Do you think co-infection, with HCV, can slow the seroconversion process or would HCV co-infection not impact the test, at all? My exposure, if you remember, was unprotected, insertive anal sex with a man of unknown/suspect status with a transfer of feces. I know it is gross, but what do you expect from a Redneck?

Can I, really, be a whoo-hoo-er, now? Thanks!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Redneck,

Posted to wrong forum but I'll answer briefly and post my response in both Fatigue and Anemia and Safe Sex/Prevention forums....

I'm glad you took my advice, "sort of."

Your HIV tests out to 10 months are negative. Those tests are definitive and conclusive. Even coinfection with hepatitis C would not affect results out this far. Yes, you are now an official Redneck WOO-HOOer.

Stay safe. Stay well. Use condoms no matter what color your neck happens to be!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Woo FREAKIN' Hoo!
Next
Intervention - when/how?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.