6 Months & 10 Months

Dr. Bob,

I wanted to let you know that I took your advice, sort of. I had an initial HIV test, at 26 weeks, and it was non-reactive. I took another test, on Day 300, and this time went to a Rapid Test Center. This center used the Trinity UniGold Rapid HIV Test. As you stated, this test was non-reactive. My, only, remaining reservation is the possiblity of Hepatitis C, though, my doctor commented my liver was performing in a "perfect manner." I did not realize how "rapidly" the UniGold Rapid test shows results. I understand the concept of having a doctor perform the ELISA tests, but, I never realized how much easier it is for a rapid test. Do you think co-infection, with HCV, can slow the seroconversion process or would HCV co-infection not impact the test, at all? My exposure, if you remember, was unprotected, insertive anal sex with a man of unknown/suspect status with a transfer of feces. I know it is gross, but what do you expect from a Redneck?

Can I, really, be a whoo-hoo-er, now? Thanks!!

Hello Redneck,

Posted to wrong forum but I'll answer briefly and post my response in both Fatigue and Anemia and Safe Sex/Prevention forums....

I'm glad you took my advice, "sort of."

Your HIV tests out to 10 months are negative. Those tests are definitive and conclusive. Even coinfection with hepatitis C would not affect results out this far. Yes, you are now an official Redneck WOO-HOOer.

Stay safe. Stay well. Use condoms no matter what color your neck happens to be!

Woo FREAKIN' Hoo!
Intervention - when/how?