Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Woo FREAKIN' Hoo!
Apr 10, 2006

You must be sick of these types of messages and the people who write them like me but here goes... Months ago I had unprotected sex with a long time friend. Should not have done this since I was recently married (schmuck). Anyway, my mind got the better of me and I started seeing symptoms. Started with yeast infection on my penis, next I got folliculities on my chest. Then I noticed my tongue turn white. That was when my internet "research" started trying to figure out what my symptoms could be. I was sure it was an STD from this "friend" and thought herpes. Nope. Finally my mind settled on HIV infection. I was convinced I had it. Over a three month period I had 4 negative ELISA tests and still my mind would not let go of the thought of an HIV infection. I thought I had also transmitted it to my now pregnant wife at this point. That was when things got really bad. I had: a burning tongue night sweats sweaty palms and feet all times of day, delirium constipation diarrhea numb hands and feet and the list goes on.

I was convinced I was dying and took my family with me. I was also on Paxil for weeks at this point. My wife was going batty with all my talk of dying and I am lucky she didn't divorce me. Finally she wanted to know what would convince me that I was OK. I said, "a negative RNA PCR test". I had the test done (at great expense too) and it came back today as undetectable. Almost instantly, my mind stopped revving like a race car, my sweats stopped, I regained my appetite, lost the diarrhea and I think I may have just gotten my life back as well.

I would also like to encourage all you worried wells and anyone who cares to join the worldcommunitygrid.org. This is a web site where you can download distributed computing software that will help the search for new drug therapies for those infected by HIV. This is the FightAIDSAtHome project. Dr. Bob, this experience has given me much more understanding of the HIV epidemic and I sincerely believe there will be a cure for you and millions of others in our lifetime.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

WOO-FREAKIN'-HOO to you!

I, too, sincerely believe there will be a cure for HIV/AIDS. Whether or not it occurs within my lifetime will depend on many factors, including resource allocation. Unfortunately far too many people still view HIV/AIDS as someone else's problem, a distant threat at best and certainly not a clear and present danger. Just imagine if we had used our resources to fight HIV/AIDS, world hunger and global warming rather than Bush's disastrous Iraq War. What a different place the world would be.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Happy Easter, Dr. Bob
Next
6 Months & 10 Months

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.