Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Again Travel
Mar 20, 2006

You said to write back if I didn't find any info on the subject of HIV poz travel. I used your search suggestion and nothing came up. So my former question is the same. Thanks again! PS You are a hottie!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

OK, let's try this again. When you type in "Precautions for the HIV-Positive Traveler" into the box that says "Search TheBody.com/Entire Site," this is what pops up:

Precautions for the HIV-Positive Traveler

General Information Regarding HIV and Travel (Regularly updated) From Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Stopping Medications in an Emergency: A Guide for HIV-Positive People (October 2005) From The Center for AIDS

Foreign Entry Requirements (October 2004) Includes HIV/AIDS stipulations From U.S. Department of State

UNAIDS, International Organization for Migration Call for End to Restrictions on Travel for HIV-Positive People (June 15, 2004) There is "no public health justification" for the mandatory HIV testing policies required for travel to the United States, Russia and many Arab countries, the groups say In Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report, from Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Travel Advice for HIV-Infected Individuals (May 2004) How to prevent and treat malaria, diarrhea and other travel-related illnesses when traveling to developing countries From The Hopkins HIV Report

General Information Regarding HIV and Travel (2003/2004) From Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

California: Officials Warn Travelers of Hepatitis (July 9, 2003) In The Prevention News Update, from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing Requirements for Entry Into Foreign Countries (March 2003) From U.S. Department of State

Vaccine Recommendations for Travelers With Altered Immunocompetence, Including HIV (May 22, 2001) From Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Medical Information for Americans Traveling Abroad (2001) From U.S. Department of State

On the Road With HIV ... or, How to Have a Healthy, Fun Vacation! (June 1999) From Body Positive

Travel Tips for People With HIV (December 1998) In Positive Living, from AIDS Project Los Angeles Hit the Road, Jack (and Jill) (June 1998)

Crossing time zones without missing doses From AIDS Care

On the Road With Protease Inhibitors (May 1998) In GMHC Treatment Issues, from Gay Men's Health Crisis

Community Forums: South of the Border, and Under the Weather (March 1998) Glenn Gaylord's troubles on a trip to Mexico In Positive Living, from AIDS Project Los Angeles

Handling Food Safely on the Road (May 1997) From U.S. Department of Agriculture

You'll then be able to click on any of these articles and be linked to the full text.

As for my being a hottie, how come you were able to dig up those revealing shots of me on the Internet, but were not able to access a simple link to the travel info? Oh . . . you mean you didn't find those Internet pics??? Oh, OK, never mind.

Bon Voyage!

Dr. Bob

Previous
A Huge Huge Result!!! Oh My!!
Next
plz plz help me

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.