NERVOUS NURSE

Hi Dr. Frascino,

I was working with a HIV pt. placing a IV when I noticed I had blood on a finger where 20 hours before I had cut my nails to short and made a small cut that bleed just a few mins. after the cut and never again. I washed my hand right away applied a antimicrobial foam and cleaned with alcohol. I would say it was a small amount of blood on the skin for less than 5 mins. What are the chances that I contracted HIV? I am freaking out!

Thank You!

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

hicky
Do I need any more further Hiv Testing?