I know you have no crystal ball however..

A close friend is in the end stages of aids and has been diagnosed with severe anemia and has chosen not to have blood transfusions. No longer are any meds being taken and count is about 7 tcells.What am I to expect as a caregiver and do you have any idea of his life expectancy? He has barely an appetite and looses his balance often.

There is no doubt your close friend is very ill and apparently has decided it is time to stop fighting and transition on to whatever comes next. I cannot make predictions about life expectancy. Perhaps you could speak to his HIV specialist. What I can suggest is that you provide your friend comfort, care and as much dignity and normality as possible as he makes this transition. Hospice services may also help.

Thank you for caring for your friend. Please give him a hug for me. Perhaps he'll be on the other side helping you or me when our time comes to leave this life for the next.

questions on symptoms
CDC Error and Confusion